How it works
Getting started is a snap
Place your order online by 5:00 p.m. Friday
- Order whenever you want during the week, just get it in by Friday
- No commitment required—order as often or as seldom as you require
Get your meals the following Tuesday
- We deliver between 11:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. If it is 4:00 and you have not yet received your delivery, please text Kendal’s phone (206-412-0862) for a status update.
- All meals are labeled and you are provided heating or cooking instructions to your email.
- All ingredients and instructions are available in your online account for later reference.
Store and prepare your meals
- Fish is best kept fresh and eaten that night or the next day. This is true for fresh salads and other, more delicate entrees as well.
- Much can be frozen so you can decide what works for your schedule and load your freezer or fridge as you like!
- Reheating is simple—instructions are given as guidelines since all appliances and heating times vary. All food except for the fish is fully cooked.
Delivery fee structure
Please see our delivery map to make sure you are inside our delivery area.
- FREE for orders over $150.00!
- $6 for orders $75.01–$150.00
- $9 for orders $75.00 and less
- We deliver meals in lightly insulated grocery bags with food-safe ice packs to your home or work. Meals should be refrigerated immediately. If you’re not around, simply arrange with us to leave them in a large cooler that you provide.
- The cooler should be large enough to hold a grocery bag—two if your order is large (about $160). It should have enough insulation to keep food at or below 40°. Rigid-walled foam or chest coolers or thick soft-sided ones all work well.
- Need a cooler? We sell large, collapsible coolers. If you have space for a hard cooler, they are recommended over soft-sided models. Here’s one from Target.
Meal packaging options
- Glass packaging. It’s environmentally friendly and better for our health. It is also more fragile, so we ask that you take these simple precautions when using it.
- Compostable plastic. This is a great option when returning glassware is too much of a hassle. On most fresh menu items we have given you a choice between glass and plastic. All gift orders come in plastic.
The return process
- We will send you an email reminder the next time you place an order to set out your reusable wares for pick up with your next delivery. Then, simply place glassware and icepacks into your cooler bag with the packing slip. That’s it!
- Please note that glassware must be washed and dried before returning to ensure that dishes do not grow mold. In addition, only Kendal’s Kitchen wares can be accepted into the rotation. These precautions help ensure food safety.